Thursday, January 19, 2012

THURSDAY THUMP!

Thursdays are kind of hard days for me sometimes. Because of my work schedule I find that when Thursday comes it's really hit or miss. I either am so stoked to have another day off, or I'm bummed because I work on Saturdays, or I'm overwhelmed by my to-do list. Either way, I thought I'd share something special with you guys today.
Each morning I get a devotional emailed to me. I like to read it in addition to my normal morning Bible study. The scripture I was emailed yesterday was awesome. It moved me to tears. I know that God loves me, so much in fact that He sent His son to die in my place. To cover all of not only my sins but the sins of every man. Although I know and believe all of that I still have days where I doubt God, or choose my way rather than His. But this scripture so clearly reminded me that God always shows up, He loves me, He loves my husband, He loves my growing baby, and He's never leaving me. To think that God knows my name is mind-blowing! But if you're reading this and aren't a follower of Christ please know that God also knows your name.

TODAY'S VERSE "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:15 (NIV) "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT The union between a mother and her little child is incredible. I watched my daughter-in-law interact with our new six-week old granddaughter, doting over her. It was so tender. Our granddaughter laid there wiggling, smiling, making funny faces and squealing. I love the squeals! What an illustration. Like a mother's love, God's love for you is born out of creating you. God has formed you and has a unique love for you. But that is where the comparisons between God and a mother end. You see, it is possible for a mother to neglect her child. Incomprehensible as it may seem, a mother may even abandon and forget her child. But not God! He promises; though a mother may forget her child, I WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER FORGET YOU. How can you be sure? He has engraved your name on His hands. He has etched you into the very flesh of His hands, a place He will never forget. Today, choose to rest in this truth; He knows your name, He loves you, He will never leave you or forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment